Welcome to Dragon Lacrosse!
New Players! We have partnered with Team Lax in Frisco to bring a starter kit option for parents. Kit includes: helmet, stick, pads and gloves. $500 value for a $200 deposit. Your child loves lacrosse, we cash the $200 check and you keep the gear. Lacrosse isn't their thing, return equipment and you receive your $200 back.
To learn more, please email Scott at email@example.com.
- Lacrosse Helmet (WHITE) - All players are required to wear a Lacrosse Helmet at all times. We suggest you purchase a quality helmet with a 4-point chin strap as your player will probably use it for 3 or more seasons. Note: most helmets carry a 3 year certification, not to be confused by a warranty. Dragon Lacrosse has adopted a WHITE helmet standard. We'd like our players to look & act like a team when on the field. This policy is required for Youth Players as well as at the High School level. Club team helmets are not allowed during the SCLA rec lacrosse season.
- Lacrosse Stick - This required item and comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and costs. Note: For Youth & New Players, we suggest you not purchase a Defensive "Long Pole" until your player is ready and coaches make the suggestion to do so as most younger and new players will use the standard length stick for defense.
- Lacrosse Gloves - All players are required to wear lacrosse gloves at all times. A good pair of Lacrosse Gloves should last your player several seasons or at least until the next growth spurt.
- Shoulder Pads - All players are required to wear a Lacrosse Shoulder Pads.
- Arm Pads - This required item protects the forearms and elbows between the gloves and shoulder pads upper arms.
- Protective Cup - Highly recommended for all players.
- Mouth Guard - Required at all levels for play. We recommend having several in your bag as they frequently disappear at game time and your player will not be allowed in the game without one.
- Water Bottle - Lacrosse is a fast-paced sport and hydration is very important! Water bottles are necessary at all levels and should be brought to every practice & game.
- Each player will wear a reversible practice pinny that they will bring to ALL practices.
- Each Player will wear a Southlake Lacrosse Game jersey at ALL games.
Optional Equipment for All
- Lacrosse Balls - these are not required and will be provided for practices and games. However your player will want some in his bag to play around the house, 'wall-ball' and pick up games.
- Lacrosse Bag - not required but very nice to have to keep your equipment organized and in one place. Typically younger players opt for the backpack style while older players choose a duffel bag.
- Chair for Mom & Dad - many of the fields we play on may not have bleachers (North Park does). We suggest you have a folding chair to take to your games.