2019 FALL REGISTRATION FOR YOUTH GIRLS LACROSSE
Specific age related details within the registration process.
Under construction, Page updates will be added soon!
End of Spring 2019 Season Tournament May 4-5th: Grades 3/4-7/8
Lady Dragon Lacrosse 7/8 end of season league tournament
Spring 2019 Youth Girls Practice Dates
- Feb 13-May 1
- Practices - 1 day a week = Wednesdays 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Feb 5-May 5
- Practices - 2 days a week = Tues/Thurs 6:30pm-7:30pm
- Feb 4-May 5
- Practices - 2 days a week = Mon/Tues 6:30pm-8pm
- Jan 28-May 5
- Practices - 2 days a week = Mon/Tues 6:30pm-8pm
News from the High School Varsity Coach: 2018/19
Lady Dragon Families,
Fall registration is now officially open! With that, we’d like to first provide you with some new fee structures that we believe are much more member friendly and appreciative of your participation with the SCGL-SCLA.
1. You will find that we have incorporated a Fall Fee schedule that is completely independent of the Spring registration. This mostly impacts High School players. We just couldn’t see how it made sense for some players, that have other sports/activity commitments, and won’t attend much of fall activities, to pay for the entire year right now.
2. Also, the registration system is now set up to allow for monthly payments in the older age groups, split equally for each active month. In the fall, we will be active for approximately 3 months, so the monthly payments reflect that. If it is easier, we still permit a one-time payment but we thought this payment option would be more member friendly.
3. Multi-sibbling discounts across both independent programs (girls and boys) within the SCLA! Discounts will automatically be applied to your registration payments for families with more than one child in any of our open programs.
WHERE DO THE FEES GO?
The SCGL is a 100% non-profit organization so every dollar is accounted for and either used for expenses related to non-volunteer coach compensation, fields, officials, insurance, miscellaneous event and registration fees, equipment, and travel. Since the fall has less expenses (no formal game expenses, limited travel expenses, no uniforms, and a shorter time period) we have tried to keep them lower. We plan for each team to attend 1 tournament this fall as well as we plan on potentially hosting a tournament. In addition, each girl will recieve a shooter shirt and practice pennie.
For High School and 7/8 teams, we will have 2 days of teaching and 1 day of conditioning/stick work. For K-6, please plan for 2 days of teaching. Any additional days of the week that are needed for scrimmages will be communicated well in advance for planning purposes. The following practice days and hours for each age group along with the affiliated Coach are listed below. Please note that these times and days are subject to change prior to practices starting.
Practice locations for each group will be confirmed and communicated before the season's start. Currently, we will plan on practicing at SSC (Southlake Sports Complex at 2100 Crooked Lane) or CIS Fields behind Southlake Baptist Church off Carroll Ave.
Scrimmages- For the High School and 7/8 teams, we are working on scheduling as many scrimmages as possible throughout the Fall. This is still a work in progress, but we are attempting to line up a scrimmage at least every other week with the hopes to have one every week. The purpose of these scrimmages will be to enhance our girls experience (let’s face it we all like playing more than practicing), as well as provide for “in-game” coaching to increase the learning curve. We have already started reaching out to programs throughout North Texas and we think we will start scrimmages after the first two weeks of practice, so around October 1.
Tournaments – We will look to have our K-6 players play in the Turlaxin Tournament the weekend of October 20-21. For High School, we have something pretty exciting planned. We are looking to host the First Annual Fall Tournament at Northpark in later October or early November. The best weekend to host that doesn’t conflict with testing dates and would allow for at least 7 other teams to come to Southlake and play is still to be determined. For our 7/8 team, we will either have them play in Turlaxin or also take part in the First Annual Fall Tournament.
Alumni Game– Lastly, we are also looking to put together the first Lady Dragon Alumni Game, preferably the weekend of Homecoming. Those details will be communicated as soon as we solidify the dates. SCGL can't wait to see our “mature” Lady Dragons out on the field again with the new generation of Dragons!
That’s the plan folks. We are looking forward to another exciting year of Lady Dragon Lacrosse and look forward to seeing all of our girls enjoying the game together! - Coach Morgan and the SCGL Girls Board
Additional 2018/19 Youth updates coming this week! ...stay tuned!
Catch a glimpse of Coach Steph in action....she can't wait for the Fall Youth season to start!!!
SCLA is committed to sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play and respect for all
Southlake Carroll Youth Girls Lacrosse
HAVE FUN and be part of the fastest growing sport in North Texas
Youth Girls will train at Southlake Sports Complex
2100 Crooked Lane Southlake
and at CIS (Southlake Baptist)
Practice Starts the Week of January 29th, 2018
For each practice your player will need the following equipment:
Girls Lacrosse Stick